The 2013 Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs have been announced! Our program recognizes ten entrepreneurs each year who are extraordinary innovators, groundbreakers, and game changers.
These female founders and CEOs of thriving companies have revenue in the $1 million to $25 million range. Fortune will recognize these winners at the 2013 Most Powerful Women Summit, October 15–17, in Washington, DC. The winners will join 400 remarkable leaders—including Tory Burch, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, and Warren Buffett—as our special guests.
The Fortune MPW Entrepreneurs is a relatively new initiative, however the winners have already seen great success. Lynn Jurich’s SunRun has grown to become a leading home solar service provider, with over 11,000 customers. Jenn Hyman’s and Jenny Fleiss’ Rent the Runway is changing the way women shop on the web. Alexa Von Tobel has made personal investing and budgeting approachable for young women. Lauren Bush is expanding her FEED Projects bag business—and creating FEED skirts with her younger sister, Ashley. These are only a few examples of the amazing women who have made the list in the past.
This year we honor another amazing and diverse group of game-changers. Below is the full list of 2013 MPW Entrepreneurs: 10 standout women selected from a group of 124 applicants, not necessarily because you have heard of their companies, but because they have created innovative brands that could be big and global someday…Or already are. Read more on Postcards.
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2013
- Sarah Collins, Founder, Natural Balance
- Sari Davidson, CEO and Chief Booginhead, BooginHead
- Ann Hand, CEO, Project Frog
- Julia Hartz, Co-Founder, Eventbrite
- Leila Janah, Founder and CEO, Samasource
- Jules Pieri, Co-Founder and CEO, The Grommet
- Maria Rios, President and CEO, Nation Waste, Inc.
- Lori Steele, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Everyone Counts
- Lisa Stone, Co-Founder and CEO, BlogHer
- Rose Wang, Founder and CEO, Binary Group
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2012
Read more about the 2012 entrepreneurs in Postcards on Fortune.com.
- Jessica Alba, Co-Founder, The Honest Co.
- Jill Becker, CEO and Founder, Cambridge NanoTech
- Jessica Butcher, CMO and Founding Director, Blippar.com
- Theresa Fette, CEO, Provident Trust Group
- Christiane Lemieux, Founder, DwellStudio
- Laura Mather, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Silver Tail Systems
- Victoria Ransom, CEO and Founder, Wildfire Interactive
- Rashmi Sinha, CEO and Co-Founder, SlideShare
- Alexa von Tobel, Founder and CEO, LearnVest
- Shunee Yee, CEO and President, CSOFT International
Read more about the 2011 entrepreneurs in Postcards on Fortune.com
- Miranda Bouldin, Logicore
- Sue Chen, Nova Medical Products
- Jane Friedman, Open Road Integrated Media
- Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Fleiss, Rent the Runway
- Dawn Halfaker, Halfaker & Associates
- Clara Shih, Hearsay
- Kara Goldin, Hint Inc.
- Kimberley Graham-Nye, gDiapers
- Katrina Markoff, Vosges Chocolate
- Demet Mutlu, Trendyol
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2010
- Theresa Alfaro Daytner, President & CEO, Daytner Construction Group, Mt. Airy, MD
- Leah Brown, President & CEO, A10 Solutions, Inc., Cary, NC
- Linda Chaput, Founder & CEO, Agile Mind, Grapevine, TX
- Wendi Goldsmith, CEO, Bioengineering Group, Salem, MA
- Desiree Gruber, CEO & Founder, Modelinia/Full Picture, New York, NY
- Alexa Hirschfeld, Co-founder, Paperless Post, New York, NY
- Dina Kaplan, Co-Founder, Blip.tv, New York, NY
- Susan Koger, Co-Founder, ModCloth, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mariam Naficy, Founder & CEO, Minted, San Francisco, CA
- Elizabeth Perelstein, President, School Choice International Inc., White Plains, NY
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2009
- Elizabeth Bennet, CEO and Co-Founder, Africa Direct, Inc.
- Lauren Bush, CEO and Co-Founder, FEED Projects LLC
- Billie Dragoo, President and CEO, RepuCare, Inc.
- Lani Hay, President and CEO, Lanmark Technology, Inc.
- Michelle Jones, President, Entech Northwest, Inc.
- Lynn Jurich, President and Co-Founder, SunRun, Inc.
- Lisa Loscalzo, President, The Little Clinic
- Sheila Lirio Marcelo, Founder and CEO, Care.com
- Susan Walvius & Michelle Marciniak, Co-Founders and co-CEOs, SHEEX
- Susan Wilson, Founder and CEO, The Judgment Group