Although Fortune MPW Entrepreneurs is a relatively new initiative, the winners have already seen great success. Lynn Jurich’s SunRun has grown to become a leading home solar service provider, with over 11,000 customers. Jenn Hyman‘s and Jenny Fleiss’ Rent the Runway is changing the way women shop on the web. Michelle Marciniak and Susan Walvius have gotten SHEEX—high-performance bedding made of the moisture-wicking fabric used in sports apparel—into Bed Bath & Beyond stores across the U.S. Lauren Bush is expanding her FEED Projects bag business—and creating FEED skirts with her younger sister, Ashley. A portion of FEED’s revenue goes to feed hungry children.
Each year, Fortune recognizes 10 female entrepreneurs who are outstanding game changers, groundbreakers, and innovators.
Below is the full list of 2012 MPW Entrepreneurs: 10 standout women selected from a group of 133 applicants because they have created innovative companies that could be big and global someday. Or already are. We are inviting all 10 of the MPW Entrepreneurs to join us at the Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit October 1-3 in Laguna Niguel, California.
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2012
Read more about the 2012 entrepreneurs in Postcards on Fortune.com.
1. Jessica Alba, Co-Founder, The Honest Co.
2. Jill Becker, CEO and Founder, Cambridge NanoTech
3. Jessica Butcher, CMO and Founding Director, Blippar.com
4. Theresa Fette, CEO, Provident Trust Group
5. Christiane Lemieux, Founder, DwellStudio
6. Laura Mather, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Silver Tail Systems
7. Victoria Ransom, CEO and Founder, Wildfire Interactive
8. Rashmi Sinha, CEO and Co-Founder, SlideShare
9. Alexa von Tobel, Founder and CEO, LearnVest
10. Shunee Yee, CEO and President, CSOFT International
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2011
Read more about the 2011 entrepreneurs in Postcards on Fortune.com
- Miranda Bouldin, Logicore
- Sue Chen, Nova Medical Products
- Jane Friedman, Open Road Integrated Media
- Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Fleiss, Rent the Runway
- Dawn Halfaker, Halfaker & Associates
- Clara Shih, Hearsay
- Kara Goldin, Hint Inc.
- Kimberley Graham-Nye, gDiapers
- Katrina Markoff, Vosges Chocolate
- Demet Mutlu, Trendyol
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2010
- Theresa Alfaro Daytner, President & CEO, Daytner Construction Group, Mt. Airy, MD
- Leah Brown, President & CEO, A10 Solutions, Inc., Cary, NC
- Linda Chaput, Founder & CEO, Agile Mind, Grapevine, TX
- Wendi Goldsmith, CEO, Bioengineering Group, Salem, MA
- Desiree Gruber, CEO & Founder, Modelinia/Full Picture, New York, NY
- Alexa Hirschfeld, Co-founder, Paperless Post, New York, NY
- Dina Kaplan, Co-Founder, Blip.tv, New York, NY
- Susan Koger, Co-Founder, ModCloth, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mariam Naficy, Founder & CEO, Minted, San Francisco, CA
- Elizabeth Perelstein, President, School Choice International Inc., White Plains, NY
Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs 2009
- Elizabeth Bennet, CEO and Co-Founder, Africa Direct, Inc.
- Lauren Bush, CEO and Co-Founder, FEED Projects LLC
- Billie Dragoo, President and CEO, RepuCare, Inc.
- Lani Hay, President and CEO, Lanmark Technology, Inc.
- Michelle Jones, President, Entech Northwest, Inc.
- Lynn Jurich, President and Co-Founder, SunRun, Inc.
- Lisa Loscalzo, President, The Little Clinic
- Sheila Lirio Marcelo, Founder and CEO, Care.com
- Susan Walvius & Michelle Marciniak, Co-Founders and co-CEOs, SHEEX
- Susan Wilson, Founder and CEO, The Judgment Group